Rozhiv New Jewish Cemetery
The Rozhiv New Jewish cemetery appears on a Red Army map from the 1930s. It was supposedly demolished during or after WWII.
There is not much information on the Rozhiv Jewish community. Presumably, Jews had settled there in the18th century. In 1787, 25 Jews were registered in Rozhiv. In 1847, there were already 257 Jews in the town. In 1850, the Jewish agricultural colony “Rozhivskaya” was founded, with 88 male members. In 1897, the community consisted of 610 Jews (29.5% of the total population). On July 3, 1919, a pogrom took place in the town, though some of the Jewish population managed to flee before. In 1926, only 19 Jews remained in Rozhiv. The Jews still living here during the Nazi occupation were murdered together with the Jews of neighbouring villages. There was no Jewish community in Rozhiv after Holocaust.