Rohod Jewish Cemetery
Historically, there were two Jewish cemeteries in Rohod, which were enclosed by a single fence. These cemeteries were marked on the 1870 cadastral map. The oldest tombstone found in the merged cemetery dates to 1882, while the latest was erected in 1943.
The first Jews settled in Rohod at the beginning of the 19th century. In 1826, 28 Jews lived in the village. The Jewish population increased in the following years: 56 Jews lived in the village in 1848, 91 in 1880, and 150 in 1910. The Jewish population began to decrease and by 1941, 104 Jews were living in Rohod. The Jewish community joined the orthodox stream in 1867 and their rabbi was Jungreisz Jakab, a rabbi from Nyírmada. In May 1944, the Jews of Rohod were transferred to and confined in the Kisvárda Ghetto and were deported later that month to Auschwitz. The graves in the cemetery are regularly visited by family members of former Rohod Jews.