Rochmaniv Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, It appears on Russian topographic maps of the 1880s. As the Jewish community had an own rabbi in mid-18th, it can be presumed that the cemetery emerged at the same period. For dating the preserved tombstones clearing of the cemetery is reqiured.
Rochmaniv Jews are known from the 18th century. Rabbi Wolf served here in the mid-18th century. In 1897, 93 Jews lived in Rochmaniv (16% of the total population). In the early 20th century, a synagogue and a Jewish cemetery existed. The Jewish population declined to 62 in 1921, comparing to 465 in 1911. During the occupation by the Wehrmacht troops, the Jews of Rochmaniv were deported to the Shumsk ghetto.