Rivne Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery's former site occupies a large portion of Yevreyka Park, bordering Knyazya Volodymyra Street on its Nort-East side and Lytovs'ka Street on its North-West.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished and overbuilt Jewish cemetery
General site condition
Most of the cemetery's former site is now occupied by a public park. The eastern section of the cemetery has been built over with a local school and a block of flats.
Number of existing gravestones
80. Although the cemetery was demolished, many toppled or broken tombstones remain, as well as fragments, albeit not all in their original place.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
A memorial marks the cemetery's former site, dedicated to the great Rabbis buried there. It was installed by the organisation: "ohalei tzadikim — gader avot" and the Rivne Jewish community.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. However, it already existed by the early 20th century, as the oldest preserved tombstone dates back to that era. It first appears on Russian maps from the 1880s and, later, on a Polish map from 1939. According to the memorial sign, the cemetery was demolished during the Soviet era.