Resko Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery in Resko was established in the first half of the 19th century, south of the town, at today’s Zachodnia Street. It had an area of 0.8 ha and was surrounded by a stone wall. Although the first Jews settled in Resko at the end of the 17th century, until the beginning of the 19th century they never constituted a group larger than 40 people. After the 1812 emancipation edict of the Prussian king Frederick William III, the number of Jews here increased to reach the highest level in 1861 – 148 people. In the decades of the nineteenth century, many Jews left the city, moving to larger cities or emigrating from Prussia. In 1905, the local community consisted of 85 people, twenty years later only 50. The cemetery was devastated during Kristallnacht (November 9-10, 1938), but, like the synagogue, it survived World War II. Currently, the cemetery area is unfenced and neglected, it has been included in the urban green areas.
(West Pomeranian Encyclopedia; http://encyklopedia.szczecin.pl)
In the post-war period, there were still a number of tombstones within it, the area was surrounded by a partially destroyed wall. At the beginning of the 1960s, the cemetery was leveled.
In 1996 the area of the cemetery was completely overgrown and unfenced. Only the relics of matzevot with illegible inscriptions from the period after 1882 could be found there. No measures are taken to protect and maintain this place.
In November 2012, the Museum of the History of Polish Jews was informed about the discovery of the matzevot used to strengthen the area of the left bank of the Rega River, near Parkowa Street.