Recz Jewish Cemetery
The small Jewish cemetery in Recz was probably established in the first half of the 19th century. It was located at Bahnhofstrasse (now Kolejowa Street), on the slope of Judenberg (Żydowska Góra). In 1842, 83 Jews lived in Recz, on the border between Brandenburg and Pomerania, and in 1895 there were only 66 Jews out of approximately 3,200 inhabitants. Despite the fact that the community was not one of the most numerous, it had a cemetery and a small synagogue, both of which were devastated during Kristallnacht (November 9-10, 1938). The cemetery survived World War II and was not fully destroyed until the beginning of the 1980s. Currently, there is no trace of its existence apart from the preserved old forest.
(West Pomeranian Encyclopedia; http://encyklopedia.szczecin.pl)
The “Recz commune precinct” – fragment of a sketch from 2005 is apparently based on the plan from 1939. It shows what purports to be the “old” and “new” Jewish cemeteries, which, however, does not seem accurate. None of the pre-war maps show two cemeteries in Recz.