Rayhorodok New Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It emerged no later than the early 20th century, as the earliest preserved tombstone dates to 1916. It cannot be found on maps of the region.
Jews began to settle in Rayhorodok (Ukr., Rus. Райгородок, Yid. ראַרעדיק) in the early 18th century. By the mid-18th century, there were about 100 Jews in the town. In 1870, 37% of the town’s 509 residents were Jews. The Jewish community maintained 3 prayer houses as of 1885. The Jewish population was 946 (46%) in 1897, but fell to half of that in the interwar period. After the arrival of the Germans in 1941, 125 Rayhorodok Jews were murdered.
The two separate areas with Jewish graves seen today likely belonged to a larger Jewish cemetery. It is not known when the cemetery was founded. The oldest tombstones date back to 1904 and 1916.