Rakamaz Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Rakamaz was established as early as 1870, since it appears on the cadastral map of that year. The cemetery was demolished at an unknown time.
The first Jews settled in Rakamaz in the second half of the 18th century. The Jewish community was established in 1840 and numbered 113 people. Later by 1930, the Jewish population increased to 170. In 1885, the Rabbi of the Orthodox community in Rakamaz was the Rabbi of Vencsellő. By the time of the deportations in 1944, the community no longer had a rabbi, though they did employ a shochet (butcher) and a caretaker for the community’s synagogue. In April 1944, the Jews were confined to the synagogue, and at the beginning of May, they were taken by cart to the nearby town of Tokaj, after which they were sent to the Sátoraljaújhely Ghetto before being deported to Auschwitz.