Radomyshl Jewish Cemetery
Radomyshl' Jewish Cemetery
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
Unfenced Jewish cemetery. The majority of the cemetery is severely overgrown with trees, bushes, and tall grass. The section still used for burials (home to around 100 graves) is better maintained. The cemetery site borders garages on its northeastern side. Clearance and fencing are required.
Number of existing gravestones
Approximately 500 Excessive vegetation prevented the survey team from attaining a comprehensive count of the tombstones. The majority of the stones were dismantled by the Germans in World War II, who used them to floor the workshop.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
There is ohel with 3 tsiyunim. One is dedicated to Rabbi Mordykhai Israel Tvers'kyy, son of Rabbi Aharon Ihoshe Heshil Tvers'kyy, both of whom were killed on March 4th 1919. The second is dedicated to admor Abraham Ehoshe Heshil Tvers'kyy, son of Rabbi Gdaliya, grandson of Rabbi Aharon of Chornobyl' and Rabbi Nahman of Bratslav, descendant of Besht (killed March 4th 1919). The last is dedicated to Rabbanith Frida Malka, wife of Rabbi Abraham Ihoshe Heshil Tvers'kyy, daughter of Rabbi Tsvi Rokakh, granddaughter of Rabbi Sar Shalom of Belz and Rabbi Baal Lev Sameakh of Oles'k. There is also a freestanding tsiyun dedicated to Rabbi Moshe, son of Rabbi Shneur Zalman of Liady, author of “Tania”.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. The date on the oldest preserved tombstone confirms it already existed in the early 20th century, but it could not be found marked on old mpas of the region.