Pulyny (former Chervonoarmiysk) Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It was established no later than the early 20th century, as the earliest preserved tombstone dates to 1911. It is marked on the map from the 1890s-1910s.
Pulyny (Ukr. Пулини, Rus. Пулины, Yid. פּולין, in 1935–2016 Chervonoarmiisk or Krasnoarmeisk, Ukr. Червоноармійськ, Rus. Червоноармейск or Красноармейск) had a Jewish population of 1,168 (43% of the town) in 1897. The community maintained a synagogue and a prayer house. A Jewish village Soviet (within a German national district) existed in the interwar period. There were 523 Jewish residents (13%) in the town in 1939. Around half of them failed to flee the advancing German army in the summer of 1941. The remaining Jews were confined in a ghetto and subsequently murdered in December 1941. According to the 2001 census, less than 10 Jewish residents lived in the town.
The exact date of the establishment of the cemetery is unknown, however it is marked on maps dating to around 1900 and the oldest tombstone dates back to 1911. In the 1960s, the remains of Holocaust victims were brought from different locations and reinterred in the cemetery.