Przemysl Old Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery was established around 1638. Five years later, the cemetery area was enlarged. It is known that the land was also purchased in 1765. It is likely that in the 18th century the necropolis was fenced, before that numerous records appear in archival sources that the cemetery was destroyed by soldiers and peasants grazing horses and cattle. Under the German occupation during the Second World War, the necropolis was devastated. The stone tombstones were used by the Germans to harden roads and streets, including in the barracks at ul. Mickiewicz. After 1945, the unattended cemetery gradually fell into oblivion and overgrowth. Today, only the dilapidated brick gate remains of its old infrastructure.