Pryvitne Old Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, but presumably dates back to the 17th and 18th century. It appears on Russian maps from the mid-19th century. The cemetery was demolished after WWII. Today, the site is a wasteland. The cemetery’s borders can be precisely delineated by villagers.
Jews in Svynyukhy (Pryvitne) were first mentioned in the late 16th century. According to the data of the tax levy, in the year 1700, the Jewish community included 100 families. The community was subordinated to the kehila of Ludmir (Volodymyr-Volyns’kyy). In 1784, 81 Jews lived in this shtetl and, by 1790, there were 23 Jewish houses registered. In 1897, the number of Jews had grown to 629 (35% of the total population). During WWI, many Jews left the town due to its severe destruction. By 1921, only 173 were left in the town. Most of them belonged to the Olyka and Trisk Hasidic branches. By October 1941, all local Jews were sent to the ghetto of Lokachi, where they were murdered on September 13, 1942.