Prybuzhany Jewish Cemetery
It is unknown when the Prybuzhany Jewish cemetery emerged. It is not marked on any topographic map available. According to epigraphic data, it already existed in the late 19th or early 20th century. Local residents told the ESJF expedition that in locals removed the tombstones in the 1970s, using them for their own needs. At the same time, according to local people, a sign on the grave of Yitzhak Yoel of Kantikuzva was installed. Later it was replaced by a tziyun installed by the organisation Ohalei Tzaddikim.
There is no information available about the first settlement of the Jewish population in Prybuzhany (named Kantakuzivka before WWII). In 1897, it numbered 912 (43% of the total population). In 1861, a synagogue was operating. In the second half of the 19th century, Kantakuzivka became a center of the Kantikuzva Hasidic dynasty, originating from Gedalya of Linnitz. During a two-day pogrom, organised by local peasants in 1897, the properties, stalls and houses of the Jewish community were pillaged and destroyed. In 1923, new plots of land were allocated for Jewish settlers in the region. Prybuzhany was captured by the Nazis in August 1941. In the same year, local Jews were executed alongside the Jews from Voznesensk region.