Praszka Jewish Cemetery
Adjacent to Obronicow Pokoju Street. The Jewish cemetery is located at the eastern end of Obronicow Pokoju Street behind the car garages on the southern side of the street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
There is a metal and wire fence, 2m high.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The Jewish Cemetery of Praszka is located on the south-western outskirts of the town, adjacent to a major Catholic Shrine site and Church. The cemetery is situated in a large forested area, overgrown with trees and dense thickets. Tombstones are present, however more than 75% of them are broken or toppled, and date from the beginning of the 19th-20th centuries. There is Holocaust Memorial at the site of the mass grave.
Number of existing gravestones
0. There are more than 400 matzevot, which were brought to the cemetery area and placed in piles. No tombstones in situ have been preserved.
Date of oldest tombstone
1866 (photo by http://cmentarze-zydowskie.pl/)
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site