Porcsalma Old Jewish Cemetery
There were two Jewish cemeteries in Porcsalma. The older of them had existed as early as in 1863, since the oldest of the tombstones found in this cemetery dates back to that year. The latest of the discovered tombstones was erected in 1932, but, presumably, it was brought in later. The second latest of the tombstones was set up in 1899. Presumably, the burials in this cemetery ceased in the beginning of the 20th century when the new cemetery appeared. This cemetery has been fenced.
First Jew settled in Porcsalma beginning in the 19th century, their number was 18 by 1840. 1880 numbered 86, around 1910 increased to 192 souls, their number continued to increase, by 1941 numbered 202. The community was affiliated with the Orthodox stream. There was a synagogue, Cheder, and Mikveh. In 1941 young Jews were taken to forced labor. The community was deported to Mátészalka at the end of May and from then to Auschwitz. The community could not be reorganized.