Porcsalma New Jewish Cemetery
There were two Jewish cemeteries in Porcsalma. The newer of them emerged after 1892, since it does not appear on the cadastral map from that year. Judging by the dates on the tombstones found in the both cemeteries, this cemetery appeared in the beginning of the 20th to replace the older cemetery. The oldest of the tombstones found here was erected in 1907, while the latest was set up in 1943. The cemetery has been fenced, it has two Holocaust memorials.
First Jew settled in Porcsalma beginning in the 19th century, their number was 18 by 1840. 1880 numbered 86, around 1910 increased to 192 souls, their number continued to increase, by 1941 numbered 202. The community was affiliated with the Orthodox stream. There was a synagogue, Cheder, and Mikveh. In 1941 young Jews were taken to forced labor. The community was deported to Mátészalka at the end of May and from then to Auschwitz. The community could not be reorganized.