Popovac Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery has not been in use since the beginning of the 20th century, though it still exists today. The oldest tombstone dates to 1882, and the most recent to 1899.
Popovača is a town in the Moslavina geographical region and is administratively a part of the Sisak-Moslavina County. In the Middle Ages, the castle of Monoslo was in the territory of the modern town. It was a fortress town and a significant trading centre in the region. In the 16th century, most of the population fled to major cities with the looming threat of Ottoman forces. The town began to flourish once again after the period of Ottoman rule. Gradually, Popovača was a centre for fairs which were held every Saturday. Moslavina was also known for its extensive forests, pastures, and vineyards. Hunting, fishing, and agriculture flourished in the town as well owing to its abundant reservoirs. The town significantly developed in the 19th century following the construction of a railway line in 1897. In 1857, 437 people lived in the village and 1,273 by 1910. At the beginning of the 20th century, Popovača was the economic centre of the region. The population of the city was predominantly Croatians.
Jews first settled in the town in the 19th century. There was a synagogue and a Jewish cemetery in the town. The small Jewish community in the town was closely connected with the Jewish community in Kutina. Before World War II, there were only 8 Jews in Popovača. After the war, Jews no longer lived in the town.