Pokrovsk Jewish Cemetery
It is not known when this cemetery was founded nor when it was demolished.
Jews likely began to settle in Pokrovs’k (Ukr. Покровськ, Rus. Покровск, until 1934 Hryshyne, Ukr. Гришине, Rus. Гришино, Yid. גרישינע, in 1934–38 Postysheve, Ukr. Постишеве, Rus. Постышево, in 1938–62 Krasnoarmiiske, Ukr. Красноармійське, Rus. Красноармейское, in 1962–2016 Krasnoarmiisk, Ukr. Красноармійськ, Rus. Красноармейск) soon after it emerged as an important railway station in the late 19th century. The Jewish population was 227 in 1897 (3% of the total population).
The Soviet authorities opened a Jewish school in 1926. There were 1,366 Jews in the city in 1939, most of whom were able to escape before the Germans occupied the area in October 1941. About 50 Jews were murdered by the Nazis in 1942. According to the 2001 census, the city had a Jewish population of 63.