Piatka Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It was established no later than the mid 19th century, as the earliest preserved tombstone dates to 1868.
Piatka (Ukr. П’ятка, Rus. Пятка, Yid. פּיאַטקע) had a Jewish population of 78 in the mid-18th century. 838 Jews (31% of the town) lived in Piatka in 1897. The community maintained a synagogue and a prayer house. A Yiddish-language elementary school and a Jewish drama group were established in the 1920s.
The Jewish population declined in the interwar period and when the Germans arrived in July 1941, only around 250 Jews remained in Piatka. They were confined in a makeshift ghetto in the synagogue building and murdered in October 1941.
The exact date of the establishment of the cemetery is unknown, however the oldest tombstone dates back to 1868.