Peremyshlyany New Jewish Cemetery
Information on the cemetery’s establishment is not available. It can be supposed that it was demolished after WWII. The first mention of Jews in Peremyshlyany dates back to 1581. The Hasidic dynasty was founded in the 18th century. In 1842, a Jewish hospital was opened. In 1875, the first colonisation society of Galicia, which dealt with assisting the resettlement of Jews to Eretz Israel, operated here. Jews were engaged in commerce and crafts in the 19th century. The Jewish population reached 2,706 (63% of the total population) by 1890. By the beginning of the 20th century it had increased to 2,934 (62% of the total population). In 1910, the Jewish community suffered from a fire. During WWI, the town was burnt as well. During the interwar period, Zionist organisations were active. In the 1920s and 1930s, Yiddish and Hebrew newspapers were published. Nazis occupied the town in September 1939, executing around 600 Jews on the banks of the river San. On July 1, 1941, the Nazis re-occupied Peremyshlyany. On November 5, 1941, nearly 400 Jews were executed. On November 6, 1942, about 2,500 Jews were deported to the extermination camp Belzec. A ghetto imprisoning around 3,000 prisoners was functioning from December 1942. It was liquidated on May 22, 1943, when more than 2,000 Jews were executed.