Pavlovo Jewish Cemetery
Presumably, the Jewish Cemetery in Pavlovo was established in the 19th century. The oldest preserved gravestone relates to 1847 and the latest one to 1944.
The first Jews arrived in the area of Pavlovo in the 18th century. In 1851 three Jews were living in the village. In 1880 the Jewish population had increased to 71. By 1930 Jews population had risen to 134. In March 1939, the Hungarian forces occupied the town, and the Jews were persecuted and forced out of their occupations. Some Jews were drafted into forced labour battalions. Some were sent to the Eastern front, where most perished. In 1941 some Jews without Hungarian citizenship were expelled to German-occupied Kamyanets’-Podils’kyy and shot there. The remaining Jews of Pavlovo were deported to Auschwitz in late May 1944. No Jews live in the town today. The house of Hisser family is a Greek-Catholic church today. Hisser family was killed in Auschwitz.