Paramythia Jewish Cemetery
Excavations indicate a Jewish presence in the Byzantine period as well as in the 12th century, and again in the early 19th century. Active in the textile trade, they played a vital role in Paramythia’s economy. The Jewish population in 1928 was 15 (of a total population of 15,688). All but 2 perished in the Holocaust, together with the Jews of Ionnina.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, but it can be assumed that it emerged between the 19th and 20th centuries.