Papos Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Papos was established as early as 1836, since the oldest tombstone found in the cemetery dates to that year. The latest legible tombstone was erected in 1918. The cemetery has been fenced.
The first Jews settled in Papos at the beginning of the 19th century and, by 1840, 27 Jews lived in the settlement. The Jewish population peaked at 66 in 1910, after which the population decreased, and by 1941, merely 31 Jews remained in the settlement. In 1944, the Jews of Papos were deported to the Matészalka Ghetto, and then to Auschwitz.