Osjakow Jewish Cemetery
Osjaków was founded before 1494. The first records of Jewish settlement in the town date to the 18th century. The Jewish community existed at the beginning of the 19th century. In 1921, 759 Jews lived in the town, constituting 49.2% of the total population. In 1942, the Jews from Osjaków were deported to Wieluń, then to the Łódź Ghetto, and then to the extermination camp in Chełmno nad Nerem.
The cemetery is located on the left side of Sieradzka Street, about 1 km away from the town centre, in the direction of Sieradz. The cemetery’s exact establishment date is unknown, though it was likely founded in the 18th century. The last known burial took place in 1942. During World War II, the cemetery was destroyed by the Germans. Currently, the cemetery is located on a private recreational plot covered with trees. No matzevot have survived. The cemetery covers an area of approximately 0.5 hectares, and it is listed in the Municipal Register of Monuments.