Orestiada Jewish Cemetery
Orestiada was annexed by Greece in the 1920s. In 1928, it was home to 139 Jews. In 1940, this number increased to 197. Orestiada was a German occupation zone. In 1943, a series of German attrcoties against the Jews began. On 4th May 1943, the Jews were told to report to the synagogue, from where they were sent to the death camps. However, some Jews managed to take refuge in Greek villages and the surrounding countryside. They worked until the end of WWII. After the war, a few Jews was in Orestiada. In 1945, only 3 Jews remained.
The Jewish cemetery in Orestiada was established in the 20th century.