Obertyn Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located on the crossroads of Ivana Sirka and Halana streets.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Three sides of the cemetery are surrounded by a metal fence of 1.5 metres height, and the eastern part is surrounded by a metal fence of a bordering enterprise.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is well-maintained. The preserved gravestones from the demolished parts of the cemetery are piled together and stacked along the fence of an enterprise.
Number of existing gravestones
70. Gravestones were brought back to the site.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site
There is a Holocaust memorial on the site.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. The oldest preserved gravestone relates to the first half of the 18th century, so it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged during that period. First, it appears on the Third Austrian survey in the 1880s. Later it was marked on Polish maps of 1939.