Nyzhni Stanivtsi Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, but it was marked on an Austrian map of1880. Presumably, the cemetery was operating until WWII.
Little is known about the Jewish community life of Nyzhni Stanivtsi. Jews were present in Nyzhni Stanivtsi in the early 19th century. At that period, a synagogue existed. The Jews of Nyzhni Stanivtsi were engaged in wood trade and crafts. The population of the village suffered from the typhus epidemic during the WWI. The economy stagnated under the Romanian government from 1918 untill1940. The Soviet regime ruled the town for a short period. The German-Romanian forces occupied Nyzhni Stanivtsi in July 1941. During the occupation, 80 Jews were executed.