Nyirvasvari 2 Jewish Cemetery
There were two Jewish cemeteries in Nyírvasvári. This cemetery was established as early as 1893, since it appears on the cadastral map of that year. It was demolished at an time.
The founder of the Jewish community was the Frenkel family. In 1848 the community treasurer was Léb Frenkel. His descendant Izsák Frenkel opened a shop and a pub in the village, and his son, Samuel, was the representative of the village. In 1941, of the village’s population of 2,229, 54 people were Jews. In 1944, the Jews of Nyírvasvári were transported to the Mateszalka Ghetto, and from there were deported to Auschwitz.