Nyirpilis Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Nyírpilis was established as early as 1870, since it appears on the cadastral map of that year. No legible tombstones—which could supply more information about the years in which the cemetery was active—were found in the cemetery. The cemetery is fenced.
The first record concerning the Jewish population in Nyírpilis dates to the 1840’s when 5 Jewish people lived in the village. Later, in 1880, the Jewish population peaked at 56. By 1941, 33 Jews remained in the village, and were a part of the larger Jewish community in Nyírbátor.