Nyirparasznya Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Nyírparasznya was established as early as 1855, since the oldest tombstone found in the cemetery dates to that year. The latest tombstone was erected in 1923. The cemetery has not been fenced.
In 1840, Nyírparasznya already had 35 Jewish residents. In 1880, of the village’s total population of 634, 104 were Jews. Over the following decades, 58 Jews lived there in 1910, 50 in 1920, and 34 in 1930. In 1941, when the Nyírparasznya’s total population was 1,010, merely 36 Jews lived in the village. The Jews of Nyírparasznya were deported from the Mátészalka Ghetto on May 25, 1944.