Nyirmeggyes Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Nyírmeggyes was established as early as 1917, since the oldest tombstone found in the cemetery dates to that year. The cemetery remained in operation until at least 1944, the year in which latest tombstone was erected. The cemetery is fenced and there is a Holocaust memorial.
The synagogue was built in 1828 but has since been demolished. In 1880, the settlement had a total population of 1,328, including 227 Jews. 237 Jews lived in the village in 1910, 196 in 1920, and 139 in 1930. In 1944, the Orthodox community of Nyírmeggyes had 142 members, 22 of whom were taxpayers. The Jewish community also had two employees. In 1944, the Jews of Nyírmeggyes were taken to the Mátészalka Ghetto.