Nyirmartonfalva Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Nyírmártonfalva was established as early as 1870, since it appears on the cadastral map of that date. It was demolished in 1970 and built over with a primary school. In 2019, the municipality voted to place a plaque—in cooperation with descendants of Jews from Nyírmártonfalva—to commemorate the people buried in the former Jewish cemetery.
There were 7 Jews living in Nyírmártonfalva in 1840. Over the subsequent decades, the Jewish population was as follows: 48 in 1880, 33 in 1900, 45 in 1910, 31 in 1920, 54 in 1930, and 46 in 1941. In 1942, young Jewish adults were taken for forced labour. In 1944, there were 8 Jewish families lived in the village. After Pesach in that same year, they were sent to the Simapuszta Ghetto, from where they were deported to Auschwitz on May 22. No one returned.