Nyirjako Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Nyírjákó was established as early as 1870, since it appears on the cadastral map of that year. The latest tombstone found in the cemetery was erected in 1988. The cemetery has been fenced.
In 1747, there were already 3 Jewish residents in Nyírjákó. Over the course of a several decades, the number of Jews in the settlement was as follows: 68 in 1848, 106 in 1880, 100 in 1910, 74 in 1930, and 71 in 1941. The Jewish community joined the Orthodox stream in 1869. The Jews of Nyírjákó shared the cemetery and the Chevra Kadisha (burial society) with the Jewish community of Baktalórántháza.