Nowy Zmigrod Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery dates back to the turn of the 16th and 17th century. It was the burial place of the deceased not only from Nowy Żmigród, but also from other places, including Dębowiec, Gorlice, Jasło and Osiek. It can be assumed that at least several thousand people were buried there during the cemetery’s existence.
During the Holocaust, the cemetery became a place of execution. The bodies of the victims were also buried here. The last funeral at the cemetery (of Pinkas Wohlmut) was undertaken in 1955.
On November 23rd 1990, the cemetery was entered into the register of monuments under the number A-1088. Since 2008, the Society of the Friends of Nowy Żmigród have taken care of it.