Nowogard Jewish Cemetery
Until at least 1817, the Jewish community in Nowogard did not have its own cemetery. The deceased were buried in nearby Płoty, where the Jewish cemetery was in operation since the second half of the 18th century. In 1817 (according to other sources, in 1848 or 1850) a small community in Nowogard received land for its own cemetery, at the junction of Gartenstraße (today’s Wojska Polskiego Street) and Hindenburger Landstraße, next to the forest called Gallberg. The area of this cemetery was about 0.25 ha.
During World War II and in the post-war years, the necropolis was significantly devastated. (sztetl.org.pl)
Already in the middle of the 18th century, more than 50 Jews lived in Nowogard, but it was not until the next century that a Jewish cemetery was established here. It was founded west of the city between Gartenstrasse (now Wojska Polskiego Street) and Naugarder See (now Lake Nowogardzkie). The commune received the land from the municipal authorities. The cemetery had an area of 0.25 ha and was surrounded by a brick wall with a gate. In 1812, only six Jewish families lived in the town. By 1849, the number of members of the Nowogard kehilla increased to 69, and half a century later to 108. Jews constituted about 2% of the town’s population and, apart from the cemetery, they also had a synagogue built in the 1860s. After the next several decades, in 1924, the Jewish community reduced to only 52 people, most of whom left the city in the 1930s. During Kristallnacht (November 9-10, 1938) the synagogue was burnt down and it should be assumed that the Jewish cemetery did not escape its destruction. In the following years, it was further devastated.
(West Pomeranian Encyclopedia; http://encyklopedia.szczecin.pl)