Nowe Warpno Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery in Nowe Warpno is located on the so-called Podgrodzie, on a hill at the junction of Wojska Polskiego Street (road No. 114) and Podgrodzie. Its formal address is Wojska Polskiego 26.
The cemetery was probably established in the mid-nineteenth century. Originally, it was small, and adjacent to Protestant cemeteries. It served a small community of a dozen or so people, without the status of a separate commune; Jews from Nowe Warpno belonged to the community in Ueckermünde. The creation of this cemetery can probably be explained by the distance from this centre (22 km). Based on the data on the size of the commune in Ueckermünde, the cemetery may have ceased to function in the interwar period.
In the early post-war period, it was within the boundaries of the Christian cemetery, used by military and later civilian settlers in the years 1947–1959. Currently, in its area, to the right of the gate, near the entrance, there are crosses from neighbouring burials, which may confuse an outside observer. At least two matzevot, quite deep in the ground, have survived. There is an information board in front of the entrance.