Novyy Vytkiv Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. First, it appears on the 3rd military survey of the Austro-Hungarian Empire of the 1880s.
Jews were present in the early 18th century. In the 19th century, the Jews were engaged mainly in trade. The Jewish population was 1,060 (52,7% of the total population) in 1890. In June 1914, many Jewish houses, a synagogue and Beit Midrash were burnt. During the WWI, the community was robbed by the Cossacks. In 1921, 987 Jews lived in Novyy Vytkiv. In the interwar period, the Zionist organisations were active. On June 25, 1941, the Wehrmacht troops occupied Novyy Vytkiv. In June 1942, 1,125 Jews remained. On October 22, 1942, 160 Jews were deported to Belzec death camp. The remnants were expelled in March 1943.