Novozlatopil (Proletarskoe) Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to locals, it was demolished before the 1970s.
Novozlatopil’ (Ukr. Новозлатопіль, Rus. Новозлатополь) was founded as Jewish colony Number 7 or Grafskaya (Ukr. Графська, Rus. Графская) in 1848. The settlers were Jews from the Vitebsk and Mogilev Governorates. The colony was also informally known as Gamner or Kamner after a German farmer who lived there in the early days. From 1924–2016, the settlement was called Proletars’ke (Ukr. Пролетарське, Rus. Пролетарское). The colony had a tree nursery that supplied the whole area with saplings. The community survived a pogrom in May 1881. In the early 20th century, the colony maintained a synagogue, a school, and a loan fund. There were 468 residents in Grafskaya in 1913, most of whom were Jewish. Several pogroms occurred during the Civil War of 1918–21. In 1929, the Soviet authorities created a collective farm, which became a state farm in 1930. The farm employed 295 people in 1938. Some of the Jews were able to evacuate before the arrival of the Germans in October 1941. Those that remained were murdered.
It is not known when exactly the cemetery was founded. According to local residents, it was already non-existent in the 1970’s.