Novopodolskoye Jewish Cemetery
According to local residents, the cemetery was demolished in the 1970s. It is marked on the maps from the 1860s-70s and 1941. Therefore it can be stated that the cemtery was established no later than the second half of the 19th century.
There is not much information available about the Jewish community of Novopodilske. It was established as a Jewish agricultural colony. In 1858 there were 619 inhabitants, of which the majority of them were Jewish. In 1885, the rabbi was Benjamin Knyazhik. In 1887, there were 41 Jewish households, out of the total 48.
In 1899, there was a synagogue, a school, a wholesale wine & alcohol store as well as 2 shops. The Jews of Novopodilske were involved in small-scale trading and crafting. In 1926, there were 354 residents. In 1929, a kolkhoz was established and 49 households were united (24 Jewish among them).
In 1938, a Yiddish school was closed.
Novopodilske was occupied in August 1941. In May 1942, 450 Jews from Novopodilske and the area were executed.
There is no information about the modern Jewish community of Novopodilske.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It is likely that it was established in the late 19th century. The cemetery is marked on the maps of the region from the 1860s-70s and from 1941. There are no gravestones remaining at the site. According to locals, the cemetery was demolished in the 1970s. The cemetery site is today used for agricultural needs.