Novopavlivka Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is marked on Russian topographic maps from 1917, but does not appear on maps of 1941. The cemetery was demolished during WWII or post-war under the Soviet administration. A neighbour remembers that his grandmother told him about this cemetery, It had two sections, one for women and one for men. Today, the cemetery site is divided into two parts by a ditch.
Little is known about the Jewish community of Novopavlivka. In 1897, 953 Jews (60% of the total population) were living in the town. In 1926, the Jewish population numbered 934. In August 1941, Wehrmacht troops occupied Novopavlivka. One part of the Jewish community was executed in September 1941, while the remaining Jews were expelled to the labour camp of Bolshaya Vradievka.