Novofastiv Jewish Cemetery
According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the cemetery was established in the 18th cenutury.
The Jewish community first settled in Novofastiv in the 18th century. According to the census of 1897 the Jewish population numbered 451 people, which was 19.1% of the town. In 1910 there were 70 Jewish families and by 1923 there were 269 Jewish residents. The Jewish community was engaged in trade and crafting. At the end of the 19th century there was a synagogue. Jews owned 2 timber yards, a mead brewery and 9 small shops. In summer of 1919, the Jewish community survived a pogrom, in which 64 Jewish families were killed.
The Jewish community was destroyed during the occupation.
There is no information on the modern Jewish community of Novofastiv.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the cemetery was established in the 18th century. The cemetery could not be found marked on old maps of the region. The only readable gravestone dates to 1932. There are around 15 gravestones left. The cemetery is abandoned.