Novodarivka Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Given that the oldest preserved tombstone dates to the first half of the 20th century, it can be gathered the cemetery was founded in that era. It cannot be found marked on old maps of the region.
Jewish Colony Number 5 was founded in 1855. The Jewish settlers mostly came from the Vitebsk Governorate in present-day Belarus. The colony’s official name was Bogodarovka (Rus. Богодаровка), it was, however, commonly referred to as Kovalevskaya (Rus. Ковалевская). It was renamed Novodarivka (Ukr. Новодарівка, Rus. Новодаровка) in 1924. The colony had a Jewish population of 490 (89% of the total population) in 1897. The community maintained a synagogue. The Soviet authorities created a Jewish collective farm in 1929 and a Jewish school operated in the interwar period. The colony had a total population of 577 in 1938. About 20 Jews who had not managed to evacuate were murdered by the Germans in the winter of 1941–42.
It is not known when exactly the cemetery was founded. The only readable tombstone dates to 1934.