Novi Velidnyky Jewish Cemetery
According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, it was founded in the early 19th century. The earliest preserved tombstone dates to 1840, which corroborates this. The cemetery is marked on maps from the late 19th-early 20th century.
Novi Velidnyky (Ukr. (Нові) Велідники, Rus. (Новые) Веледники, Yid. וולעדניק) had an organised Jewish community in the 18th century. In 1757, Jewish tailors and furriers were granted the right to establish a guild partly independent of the kahal and were allowed to have a separate prayer house. The Jewish population grew from 152 in 1765, to 621 in 1847, and reached 569 (50% of the town) in 1897. The Jewish community maintained 2 prayer houses. A pogrom occured in December 1917 and in the interwar period, the Jewish population declined to around 400 people.
The Jews who had failed to flee the advancing German army were murdered in the autumn of 1941.
The cemetery was likely established in the early 19th century. The oldest tombstone dates to 1840. There is an ohel over the grave of R. Israel Dov Ber, which was recently built.