Novi Strilyshcha Jewish Cemetery
Information on the cemetery’s establishment is not available, but it was operating in the 1820s. In the 1880s, it was marked on a map.
Jews began settling in Novi Strilyshcha in the second half of the 17th century. From the mid-19th century, the stream of Belz Hasidim was influential. The Jewish population reached 1,597 (60% of the total population) by 1900. By 1921, it had decreased to 771, after a great fire in 1913 and WWI. The establishment of the organisation “Reshima leumit”, which included both Zionists and Stratin Hasids, of Stratin allowed for the Zionists to take over community leadership. Beitar and other Zionist organisations were active in the interwar period. In the early August 1942, the entire Jewish community of Novi Strilyshcha, 1,252 individuals, was deported to Bibrka. Those not executed there were deported to the extermination camp Belzec.