Norynsk Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It was established no later than the early 19th century, as the earliest preserved tombstone dates to 1802. The cemetery is not marked on maps.
Jews first began to settle in Noryns’k (Ukr. Норинськ, Rus. Норинск, Yid. נאָרינסק) in the early 17th century. However, the community was destroyed in the Chmielnicki uprising of 1648–49 and did not reemerge until the early 18th century. In 1897, the Jewish population was 584, which was 35% of the town, at which time the community maintained a synagogue. The Jews of Noryns’k suffered a number of pogroms during the Civil War of 1918–21. Zionists were active in the town in the early 1920s.
The Jewish population declined in the interwar period, and after the German invasion of the USSR in 1941, the Jews who had failed to evacuate were murdered. After the war, some of the Jewish residents returned to the town.
The exact date of the establishment of the cemetery is unknown, however the oldest tombstone dates back to 1802.