Nepolokivtsi Jewish Cemetery
Information on the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to epigraphic data, it already existed in the 1890s. The cemetery was used after WWII, the latest preserved gravestone relates to 1950s.
The Jewish community of Nepolokivtsi emerged in the middle of the 18 century. The Jewish population stood at 535 Jews in the 19th century. In the early 20 century, Zionist organizations became active. A Jewish hospital and a charity were established at that time. In 1910, three synagogues functioned. In 1930, 316 Jews resided in Nepolokivtsi. The major source of Jewish income was trading. The Jewish artisans were engaged in tailoring, pottery, carpentry and construction. In 1940, the Jewish population reached a peak of 615 people. Its growth could be driven by the fled of the refugees from Poland in 1939. In July 1941, on the first days of the German-Romanian occupation, 54 Jews were murdered. 132 Jews were deported to Transnistria. By the 1950s, three Jewish families resided in Nepolokivtsi.