Nekrasove Jewish Cemetery
According to Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the most recent burial took place in 1941, and the cemetery was demolished in 1954. In 1980, during the construction of the highway, a section of the cemetery was converted into a sand pit. It can be found marked on a Russian map of the region from the 1900s.
The town of Nekrasove was first mentioned in 1431 under the name Salishy. In 1758 it was renamed to Yuzvin.
In 1793, after the Second partition of Poland, it came under the control of the Russian Empire, and became a part of the Podolia Governorate (Podolskaya Gubernia). In 1847, 323 Jews lived there. In 1885 Yuzvin had a mixed Ukrainian-Polish-Jewish population of 1510 people, living in 151 households, a synagogue, an Orthodox and Catholic churches, a school and 4 inns. In 1887, 710 Jews lived there which was around 30% of the town’s population, in 1897 this had fallen to 445 of 1920 which was around 25%. In 1914 Jews of Yuzvin owned a pharmacy, 4 manufacturing shops and 8 grocers.
After 1922, Yuzvin became a part of Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic within the USSR.
In July 1941, Yuzvin was occupied by the German and Romaniantroops. On March 2 1942, all 97 Jews who still remained in Yuzvin were shot to death.
In 1946, Yuzvin was renamed to Nekrasove and in 1991, after the collapse of the Soviet Union, Nekrasove became a part of the independent Ukraine.
The Jewish cemetery of Nekrasove was demolished in 1954.