Narodychi Jewish Cemetery
The exact date of the cemetery’s establoishment is unknown, however it is marked on a map from the 1900s, therefore ti was likely established in the late 19th century.
Narodychi (Ukr. Народичі, Rus. Народичи, Yid. נאַראָדיטש) had 4 Jewish taxpayers recorded as early as in 1629. In 1765, there were 241 Jewish taxpayers in the town and the neighbouring area. The fire of 1853 destroyed two synagogues and 156 Jewish houses. The Jewish community maintained two prayer houses in 1885. In 1897, Narodychi had a Jewish population of 2,054, which was 45% of the total population. During the Civil War of 1918–21, the Jewish community suffered from pogroms and looting. A Jewish school was opened in 1921. Zionists remained active in the 1920s. The Soviet authorities founded 2 collective farms with mostly Jewish membership. In 1925, Jews from Narodychi started an agricultural colony in the Kherson District (Chervony Truzhenik). There were 1,233 Jews in Narodychi in 1939. After the German invasion of the USSR, some of the Jews managed to flee. Most were murdered in August–November 1941. Only around 100 Jews returned after the war. According to the 2001 census, a few Jews still lived in Narodychi.
It is not known when the cemetery was founded. It is marked on maps from around 1900. The earliest identifiable date on a gravestone is 1914. About 300 Jewish children were shot and buried in the cemetery in 1941. The current monument on the mass grave was erected in 2012.