Nagyszekeres Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Nagyszekeres was established as early as 1865, since the oldest of the two tombstones found in the cemetery dates to that year. The other tombstone was erected in 1926. Currently, the cemetery is within the territory of the municipal cemetery.
According to census data, 10 Jews lived in Nagyszekeres in 1840 and in 1880. Since 1885, the community was affiliated with the Fehérgyarmat Jewish community. In 1910, the Jewish population peaked at 21, after which it decreased, being 18 in 1920, and 15 in both 1930 and in 1941. According to the Yad Vashem database, about 20 Jews from Nagyszekeres were murdered in the Holocaust.