Nagyhodos Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Nagyhódos was established as early as 1896, since it appears on the cadastral map of that year. The latest tombstone found in the cemetery was erected in 1923. The cemetery has not been fenced.
The village of Nagyhódos had a total population of 438 in 1880, including 42 of whom were Jews. In the following decades, 28 Jews lived in the village in 1910, 35 in 1920, and 23 in 1930. In 1941, of the village’s population of 441, 28 people were Jews. In 1944, the Jews of Nagyhódos were deported from the Szatmárnémeti Ghetto and murdered.